Rats Week (Episode 2)

8 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Have they announced the game time?  IIRC, the time was either 1pm or 4pm depending on the outcome of last night's game.

Our week 18 game is not yet listed in the game pass international app fwiw. Last night's week 17 game is not there either.

That will depend on what the outcome of last night's game. If the Rats can still win the division, it will likely be 4:25. If they can't, 1pm.  

Edit:  Now that I see the BUF game is not going to be this week, the division is still up in the air. Probably 4:25, but who the heck knows. 

9 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Have they announced the game time?  IIRC, the time was either 1pm or 4pm depending on the outcome of last night's game.

Some sites list it as 1pm but Bengals.com still has TBD. I hope they move it back to 4pm so we know if there's anything to play for. Ideal scenario would be for the Dolphins to beat the Bills and for us to beat the Rats. That'd likely jump us over Buff AND it'd eliminate Pitt. That'd be yummy

ESPN (nothing new)

The Bills are next scheduled to host the New England Patriots on Sunday (1 p.m. ET, CBS). The Bengals are scheduled to host the Baltimore Ravens, but the timing for that game is currently unclear, as it was dependent on the outcome of their game against the Bills. It will be played at either 1 p.m. ET or 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS).

I had assumed if the Bengals won yesterday and clinched the division that LeVar Geordi Jackson would not play on Sunday as there was no point.  The Rats have been passed by the Chargers and are locked into #6. The Chargers could give it up if they lose but they are playing Denver so not likely. 

Now, we don't know if the Bengals have the division wrapped up.  Of course, not sure how close LeVar is to returning. 

18 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

I had assumed if the Bengals won yesterday and clinched the division that LeVar Geordi Jackson would not play on Sunday as there was no point.  The Rats have been passed by the Chargers and are locked into #6. The Chargers could give it up if they lose but they are playing Denver so not likely. 

Now, we don't know if the Bengals have the division wrapped up.  Of course, not sure how close LeVar is to returning. 

He'll be back the following weekend for the playoffs here.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

He'll be back the following weekend for the playoffs here.

And then again (or right on cue for the Benny-like miracle recovery)…

Harbaugh concedes Lamar Jackson may not be ready for postseason; Every word he said on QB1

https://foxbaltimore.com/amp/sports/sports-unlimited/john-harbaugh-still-unsure-when-lamar-jackson-will-play-again-baltimore-ravens-nfl-postseason-afc-playoffs

55 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And then again (or right on cue for the Benny-like miracle recovery)…

Harbaugh concedes Lamar Jackson may not be ready for postseason; Every word he said on QB1

https://foxbaltimore.com/amp/sports/sports-unlimited/john-harbaugh-still-unsure-when-lamar-jackson-will-play-again-baltimore-ravens-nfl-postseason-afc-playoffs

I don't know....Jackson seems pretty put out with the Ravens organization.  He may be done playing for them. 

I realize that this would likely hurt his value as a FA, but this guy doesn't have agent and hasn't been making the best decisions. 

5 hours ago, tibor75 said:

There are three outcomes since the game probably will not be finished... If they say Bengals win then we win the division. If they make it a no contest or a tie then the division is ours too. There is 0% chance they give us a loss for that game. At worst they will make us play it, but at this point I doubt they will. I think they will just call it and give the Bengals a W. Like they do in Boxing, even though we only played half a quarter and Boxing needs to be 4 or 6 rounds I believe. We are ahead 1.5 games so if they beat us they will be 11-6 and we will be 11-5. Since the Bills game won't be played this week then there is ZERO chance the Rats win the division. 

7 hours ago, Gary said:

There is 0% chance they give us a loss for that game.

I don’t think we can say that.  

There is no elegant solution for the NFL.  Some team(s) will get screwed in some fashion with regards to an opportunity for improving their playoff position(s).

After Damar was transported out of the stadium, the NFL was in a holding pattern, probably hoping that good news would come that he had rebounded.  

Someone told the teams to start warming up…standard procedure for an extended delay.  Whether that came straight from the NFL Office or whether that was the officiating crew doesn’t really matter.

The Bills were obviously in no condition to play.  Probably true for some of the Bengals players as well.  I think Zac recognized that and told the Bills coach that “we” will support them, by also agreeing to not continue the game.  I believe the coaches made the decision to not restart play, not the NFL.

Therefore, the NFL can say that the teams made that decision to not play…and consider the contest as a double-forfeit.  The only teams that get screwed over by this decision are the two teams that made the decision to not play.  Any other solution potentially screws over the Chiefs and/or Ravens.  

It would be a pretty shitty thing for the NFL to do, but there is NOT a 0% chance that the Bengals come out of this with a loss.  

[Don’t shoot the messenger.  Just trying to consider the NFL’s options.]

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I don't know....Jackson seems pretty put out with the Ravens organization.  He may be done playing for them. 

I realize that this would likely hurt his value as a FA, but this guy doesn't have agent and hasn't been making the best decisions. 

I think his Mom is his agent/manager. 

Besides, he will be franchise tagged for the next season and maybe the one after that if no long term deal is made. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

The Ravens defense is playing great, if they can get Lamar back they will be a tough team to beat with Andrews and Dobbins playing great football.

8 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I think his Mom is his agent/manager. 

Besides, he will be franchise tagged for the next season and maybe the one after that if no long term deal is made. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

The Ravens defense is playing great, if they can get Lamar back they will be a tough team to beat with Andrews and Dobbins playing great football.

You can franchise tag a safety and get away with it. There is no way you can tag a franchise QB like Lamar and have him play for you. At this point you can't even franchise tag an elite WR as they know how valuable they are. Jackson has all of the power here. Baltimore has only 2 legit options - sign him to an extension or trade him before the draft to pick up a TON of top picks.

4 hours ago, dex said:

You can franchise tag a safety and get away with it. There is no way you can tag a franchise QB like Lamar and have him play for you. At this point you can't even franchise tag an elite WR as they know how valuable they are. Jackson has all of the power here. Baltimore has only 2 legit options - sign him to an extension or trade him before the draft to pick up a TON of top picks.

"The 2023 exclusive quarterback franchise tag currently projects to $45.248 million. This number is subject to change depending on new quarterback deals, contract restructures, pay cuts and/or releases between now and then."

Pulled that off a search, why could Baltimore not tag Lamar? 

so then they will franchise him. and if lamar is smart he'll sign it,immediately . with the stipulation of no more franchise tags.   and if they dont agree to that then he'll sign it and report at his convenience. (before the 1st game of the season.)  

EDIT: if its 45 mill. sign that fucker immediately , the 2nd franchise goes up 20%? i think 

Archived